Resident Information and Services

Resident Information and Services

Welcome to Hudson 

Review a list of permits, services, and resources. 

Building Permits
Permits are required for construction and/or remodeling projects. Applications and information obtainable from the City’s Code Enforcement Office, 429 Warren Street.

Changing your Mailing Address within Hudson?
Please contact the City Assessor at 518-828-3141 to submit any changes of address or contact information. The assessor will inform the appropriate departments including the Treasurer’s Office (city/county property tax bills) and the department of Public Works (water and sewer bills).

Dog Licenses
Dogs 4 months of age and older are required to be licensed. Apply for license at the City Clerk’s Office. For more information, seee Dog License Information and Rules/Regulations

Garbage/Recycling Service
Purchase and use of city of Hudson garbage bags is required for city pick-up.
Bags are available at City Hall, 520 Warren St. For more information, see Public Works Department


Snow and Ice Removal:

  • The owner or occupant of every lot or premises within the City of Hudson shall keep the sidewalks adjoining said lot or premises free and clear of all snow and ice for the entire length and width of said sidewalks.
  • Snow and ice shall be removed and cleaned away from the sidewalks in the manner specified in § 253-1 hereof within 24 hours after such snow or ice shall have fallen or formed on said sidewalks, except as to the sidewalks adjoining Warren Street, which shall be cleaned of snow and ice within 12 hours after such snow or ice shall have fallen or formed.

Snow Emergency
Whenever the Mayor or their designee finds that an accumulation of snow and/or ice makes it necessary in order to facilitate motor vehicle travel or to expedite snowplowing, snow removal, sanding, and other purposes, their designee may declare a snow emergency and, after such declaration, implement the rules as hereinafter set forth. 

***In the event of a Snow Emergency, all rules and regulations for parking will be communicated via city website and local news organizations.***
Please visit the City Code for more specific information on Snow Removals and Emergencies. 


Hudson City School District
Comprised of the John L. Edwards Elementary School, Montgomery C. Smith Intermediate School, Hudson Junior High, and Hudson High. Main offices located at 215 Harry Howard Avenue. 

Hudson Area Library
Located at 51 North 5th Street in a Historic Armory along with the Senior Center.

Night Parking -Alternate side parking between 12 Midnight and 8:00 AM on all streets within the City unless otherwise posted:

  • Park on the odd side for odd-numbered calendar dates. 
  • Park on the even side for even-numbered calendar dates. 
*Parking rules may be suspended or change due to Snow Emergencies. 

Parking Permits
Parking Permits are available for use in Municipal Lots only. The fee is $250.00 for one year. Permits may be obtained at the City Clerk's Office, City Hall.
Parking Permits for a reserved spot in the South Front Street (AMTRAK) Parking Lot for Long Term Parking - Six Month Reserved Parking Permit $650.00; and Twelve Month Reserved Parking Permit $1,000.00. Reserved permits may be obtained at the Hudson Parking Ticket Bureau, City Hall.

Please check the full Parking Regulations Page for more information.

Property Tax Bills
Tax bills are mailed each year and paid in four installments - January, April, July and September. Questions regarding your bill may be directed to the City Treasurer’s Office at City Hall. Questions regarding the assessment of your property should be directed to the City Assessor at City Hall. 828-3141.

Tree Planting
Please visit the Conservation Advisory Council's page for more information about planting trees in Hudson. You will find the appropriate permits and information for Street Trees. 

If you are interested in The Galvan Foundation's free tree planting initiative, please send an email to or call 518-822-0707.

United States Post Office
Is located at 402 Union St, Hudson, NY 12534

Water and Sewer Bills
Water and Sewer bills are sent out quarterly to building owners on the 1st for January, April, July and October and are due by the 30th of that month. Contact Public Works Department (828-9458) for rates and further information.

Youth Department
The City of Hudson Department of Youth located at 132 N 6th Street, on the city’s own Oakdale Lake. Also at 18 S Third Street, it provides a diverse mix of recreation programs and activities year-round for all age groups.

Street Light Maintenance
Street lights are maintained by National Grid. Request a Street Light Repair.

Public Transportation
Columbia County Public Transportation